Outdoor Advertising Frequently Asked Questions
1. WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE FOR OUTDOOR ADVERTISING?
The procedure is as follows:
- Obtain an application form from the Physical Planning Customer care desk
- Get assessment for an application form
- Make payments at the bank
- Submit the application attached with a graphic impression and bank advice form (B.A.F)
2. HOW LONG AFTER SUBMITTING MY REQUEST/APPLICATION IS PERMISSION GRANTED?
Permit applications are processed within seven working days. An inquiry on status can be obtained from the customer care desk that has been set up.
The seven days allow for site verifications and presentation to the Physical Planning Committee for approval.
3. WHERE DO I TAKE THE FORM AFTER?
You will be required to submit the FULLY filled form to KCCA in the Physical Planning Customer Care offices on ground floor wing B.
4. WHAT IS THE MEANING OF APPROVED, DEFERRED AND REJECTED?
Approved means that the proposal meats the required guidelines and a permit is issued in this case.
Deferred means that some information may be lacking or adjustments may need to be made in the proposal.
And an application may be rejected because it defers from or violates the outdoor advertising Guidelines and is within an area on the road reserve that is not suitable.
In addition the Authority has prioritized decongesting the city by introducing shared pylons to reduce on clutter and increase traffic visibility.
5. WHERE ELSE CAN WE PUT UP THE ADVERTISING TOOLS OTHER THAN THE ROAD RESERVES?
Try opting for private property where you seek consent from the owners and agree to put in their private properties.
Trade License FAQs [PDF]
Local Hotel Tax FAQs [PDF]
Local Service Tax FAQs [PDF]
Property Rates FAQs [PDF]