ADVERT No. 02/2018
Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) with support from the United Nations World Food Programme (UNWEP) will be carrying out Comprehensive Food Security Vulnerability Assessment (CFSVA) in both formal and informal settlements in Kampala City. The exercise will establish the prevalence of food insecurity, malnutrition and economic vulnerability of households in Kampala; identify and assess hazards and early warning signs for food insecurity; map functionality of markets, and impact on food security and food prices; and explore solutions for mitigating food insecurity and malnutrition in Kampala City.
In order to achieve the above objective, KCCA is seeking applications from eligible candidates to fill the following position below:
POST: DATA COLLECTOR (60 VACANCIES)
REPORTS TO: PROJECT MANAGER
DURATION: TWO MONTHS
The Data collectors will be responsible for enumerating, coordinating, and ensuring smooth implementation of field activities related to data collection in KCCA.
- Collect data in adherence to the approved assessment protocol and in consultation with the investigators.
- Maintain and update the database which contains the contact details and information from the clients
- Organize, compile and analyze the data
- Administer study information to participants and obtain informed consent
- Input the information in accordance in electronic formats
- Attend to any study related requests and activities in consultation with investigators
Required Education Qualifications and Experience:
- An Honours Bachelor’s degree in either Agriculture or Food Science or Nutrition or Public Health or Social Sciences.
- A post graduate qualification is an added advantage
- Experience working on data collection on food security assessments or nutrition and/or health- related field is also an added advantage.
- Computer Literacy
- Interviewing, community mobilization and data analysis skills
- Results oriented
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work effectively with teams
All interested candidates are requested to fill an online KCCA Employment form, which can be accessed by visiting www.kcca.go.ug/onlineapp and submit it not later than Friday 6th July 2018 at 5.00pm.
ONLY online applications submitted through our website will be considered
Any form of solicitation will lead to automatic disqualification. You are encouraged to report any form of solicitation to the Director Administration and Human Resource.