Kampala Capital City Authority Sports Section wishes to recruit competent persons in the following positions:
POSITION: MARKETING & COMMUNICATION OFFICER
Number of Vacancies: 01
Reporting to the Supervisor Sports and Recreation
To develop and implement a system for communication to stakeholders and marketing strategies for the Sports Section in line with the Authorities policies and procedures.
Planning, developing and projecting the KCCA sports clubs image in line with the strategic direction of the Clubs, policies and best practice through:
- Design and implement a marketing strategy for the Sports Clubs
- Secure sponsorship and partnerships for the Sports Clubs
- Design professional standard website for the Sports clubs
- Publicize the KCCA sports clubs both in mass media and social media
- Enhance Branding of the clubs through logos, website and keeping social media pages’ active
- Organize press conferences for necessary occasions
- Advertise and publicize upcoming sporting events both local and international events in the city.
- Support the development of KCCA Sports athletes as brand ambassadors for popular, relevant brands.
- Plan and implement promotional campaigns including outreaches and
- Developing print, billboard, and digital marketing campaigns as well as radio and television advertising spots for KCCA Sports clubs and activities.
Minimum Education Qualification:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Commerce Marketing option or Business administration marketing options or Mass Communication with additional professional qualification and training in Marketing
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in marketing and corporate communication; experience in sports marketing is an added advantage.
(i) Technical Competencies
- Demonstrated experience in managing/ organizing public events of reputable organizations.
- Strategic thinking
- Planning and organizing
- Demonstrated knowledge in public relations
- Human resource management
- Demonstrated competencies in managing both print and electronic media
(ii) Behavioral Competencies
- Communicating effectively
- Team work
- Problem solving
- Ethics and integrity
- Results orientation
POSITION: SPORTS PHYSIOTHERAPIST
Number of Vacancies: 01
Reporting to the Supervisor Sports and Recreation Role Definition
To manage and treat injuries of athletes, advise the teams on injury prevention and management.
Perform all standard duties of a Sports Physiotherapist for outpatient care according to proper current ethical and industry standards;
- Design and deliver tailored treatments and programs, including return-to-play Preparation
- Effectively advise teams on injury prevention, treatment and management.
- Examining and diagnosing injuries.
- Keeping accurate records of athlete’s treatment and progress.
- Helping to prepare athletes both mentally and physically
- Advising on the right exercises of stretching and warming up exercises
- Offering first aid if required
- Referring individuals to appropriate sports and medical practitioners for further treatment
- Designing and implementing rehabilitation and detox programmes
- Advising about nutrition, diet and lifestyle issues
- Collaborating with trainers and coaches on injury prevention programmes
- Great understanding of human anatomy and physiology of movement.
- Capacity to establish diagnostics and excellent clinical reasoning skills.
- “Excellence" mindset, always inspired to share, learn and improve.
- Service minded, solution- and results-oriented.
- Good communication and collaboration skills ~ an awesome Team Player!
- Responsible, self-driven, hard-working and trustworthy.
- Highly professional and ethical, in all aspects of the work.
Minimum of a diploma in Physiotherapy, Orthopedics, Medical Sciences or Sport Sciences.
At least 3-5 years’ experience working as a physiotherapist; experience in a sports field is an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your applications via email to; firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 29th July 2022.