Notice of Expression of Interest for Procurement Consultancy services to improve Local Hotel Tax, Automate Outdoor Advertising Processes, Administration and Management by using GIS based database implementationPUBLISHED — 4th, February 2019
Procurement Reference Number: KCCA/CONS/18-19/003102
- Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) has received funds from Government of Uganda under TREP project to be used for the acquisition of Consultancy services to improve Local Hotel Tax, Automate outdoor advertising processes, administration and management by using GIS based database implementation.
- The Entity now invites eligible individual consultants to submit sealed expressions of interest for a Consultancy services to improve Local Hotel Tax, Automate outdoor advertising processes, administration and management by using GIS based database implementation. The overall objective is to improve Local Hotel Tax and Automate the Outdoor Advertising process by developing a GIS based system that prioritizes taxpayer identification and simplifies registration, assessment, objections, appeals & collection processes.
- Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they are eligible and possess the required qualifications to perform the services supported with relevant documentation.
- The short listing criteria will include;
- The Bidder shall present Architectures of the referenced similar systems and their complete functional scope.
- Shall demonstrate local presence in Uganda to provide timely post implementation support, assimilate well with the different local cultures during implementation, and offer continuity after implementation. Foreign Consultants are encouraged to partner with a local company in this regard
- Consultants shall provide Audited Accounts Books for last 3 years with a Positive Net Worth (and contact information of the auditors)
- Shall have at least 10 years of working experience with public sector in ICT and GIS integrations.
- The successful bidder shall have proven experience in Software Development using .Net, PHP, Java Technologies and server platforms of Windows server, UNIX, Linux, HP, firewalls and virtualization server environments evidence of completion certificates of similar nature of assignments will be required.
- The solution proposed by bidder shall be web-based and all the application software. The solution shall be based on OPEN SOURCE technologies.
- Provide at least 3 client reference letters from a public institution, Completion Certificates or Local Purchase Orders as evidence of where a similar solution has been successfully implemented.
- The Provider shall be able to train at least 3 KCCA IT software engineers and 2 business analysts in all technologies used in building the solution and progressively give technical support whenever called upon.
- The Provider will be responsible for training the management team on how to access and navigate on the reporting module of the system. This will be done in an organized classroom environment or on a one to one basis where the later cannot apply.
- The Provider shall be required to conduct Training of Trainers in the solution functionalities and processes.
- Must provide a certificate of engagement and proof of availability of all the proposed staff for the project signed by the staff.
- The bidder shall have consolidated average annual turnover of at least USD $300,000 (USD Three Hundred Thousand) over the past three years from 2017-2015. This shall ensure smooth success of the project. It shall be verifiable from the submitted audited financial accounts.
- Interested eligible consultants may obtain further information at the address given below from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm on working days.
- The Expressions of Interest (One original plus two copies) must be delivered in a written form to the address below. Sealed Expressions of Interest clearly marked, “Consultancy services to improve Local Hotel Tax, Automate Outdoor Advertising Processes, Administration and Management by using GIS based database implementation”, must be delivered to the address below at or before;
Time: 11:00 am
Date: 15th February 2019
Address: Kampala Capital City Authority
Plot 1 – 3 Sir Apollo Kaggwa Road
City Hall, Room B112
- The Expression of interest shall be submitted using the one-stage single envelope method.
- The criteria to be used for selecting the consultants which shall be based on the experience and qualifications of the consultant and capacity to provide the consultancy services.
- The notice of expression of interest is available at the Entity’s website at www.kcca.go.ug and at www.ppda.go.ug
- The planned Procurement schedule (Subject to changes) is as follows:
a. Publication of Notice of Expression of Interest
04th February, 2019
b. Closing date for receipt of Expression of Interest
15th February, 2019
c. Evaluation of Expressions of Interest
Within 15 working days from closing date
d. Display of shortlist
Within 5 working days from approval of shortlist by the Contracts Committee
More Procurement Notices
- Construction completion of the selected drainage systems in Kampala City
22nd, February 2019
- Notice of Expression of Interest for Procurement Consultancy services to improve Local Hotel Tax, Automate Outdoor Advertising Processes, Administration and Management by using GIS based database implementation
4th, February 2019
- Provision of Canteen and Catering services for Makindye Division
1st, February 2019
- Supply and Installation of Batteries and Charge Controllers
4th, February 2019
- Supply of five brand new tractors and other various items
17th, January 2019
- Consultancy services for design review and construction supervision of drainage improvement works in Kampala
17th, January 2019