Notice of Expression of Interest for the procurement of a communications and stakeholder engagement consultant for the Kampala Climate Change ProjectPUBLISHED — 07-Sep-2017
Procurement Reference Number: KCCA/CONS/17-18/00086
- Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) received a grant from the European Union to finance the implementation of the Kampala Climate Change Action Strategy: Developing and sharing low carbon and climate resilient Kampala. The implementation period of the project is 3 years.
- KCCA in 2015 started work on the elaboration process of the Kampala low carbon and resilient development strategy which resulted in the Kampala Climate Change Action Plan to support the implementation of the Action Plan. The project will be implemented by KCCA in collaboration with the Ministry of Energy, Entebbe and Kasese Municipalities as co-beneficiaries. As part of this Project, Kampala is among the pilot cities for the covenant of Mayors in Sub-Saharan Africa initiative.
- The overall objective of the Project is to build Kampala City’s resilience to the impacts of climate change and set the city on a low carbon emissions path which is in line with KCCA’s vision of transforming the city into a vibrant, attractive and sustainable city.
- KCCA is therefore looking for a consultant who meets the following requirements.
- Valid identity card
- Advanced degree in Communication, Social Sciences or equivalent. Additional and relevant qualifications will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 10 years work experience in elaborating communication strategies and participative approach involving diverse stakeholders;
- Experience in the fields of sustainable development such as environment, climate change, biodiversity;
- Capacity to elaborate a communication strategy in a given context for a public authority;
- Skills and materials to create communication tools and to give advice for media planning and engagement;
- Sensitivity for the collaborative and participative approaches in order to give advice and suggest proposals. Experience in participative engagement processes involving all kind of stakeholders.
- A thorough understanding and appreciation of the global trends in climate change content and the opportunities at every level: international, regional, national, local
- A capacity of elaborate and animate a bottom-up approach involving local communities and inhabitants in the fields of climate change and sustainable development.
- Familiarity with the EU Communication and Branding guidelines or other donor funded projects
- A good Knowledge of Climate Change and energy stakeholders in Uganda and Greater Kampala.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
comments powered by Disqus