Notice of Expression of Interest for Procurement of a low carbon and climate resilient policies consultant for the Climate Change ProjectPUBLISHED — 07-Sep-2017
Procurement Reference Number: KCCA/CONS/17-18/00087
- Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) received grants from the European Union to finance the implementation of the Climate Change Action Strategy: Developing and sharing the low carbon and climate resilient Kampala. The Project will run for 3 years.
- The Entity now invites eligible individual consultants to submit sealed expressions of interest for a low carbon & resilient Policies Consultant. The overall objective of the project is to build Kampala City’s resilience to the impacts of Climate Change and set the City on a low carbon emissions path which is in line with KCCA’S vision of transforming the City into a vibrant, attractive and sustainable city.
- Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they are eligible and possess the required qualifications to perform the services supported with relevant documentation.
- The short listing criteria will include;
- A valid identity card,
- Advanced degree in Climate Sciences and/or Sustainable Development, Environmental modelling.
- Over 8 years’ experience in elaborating strategic documents related to sustainable development such as Low Carbon Development and Climate Resilient Strategy in both developed and developing countries
- A very good understanding of the ISO standards including; 90001, 14001, 50001 and their application to the subject matter.
- Possess good knowledge in the SEACAP development process and possess good understanding of the Covenant of Mayors tool box
- A thorough understanding and appreciation of the global trend in climate change content and the opportunities at every level: international, regional, national, local
- An appreciation of the climate finance schemes that can be used to translate the city resilient strategy into action
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High proficiency in spoken and written English. Knowledge of a second language will be an added advantage.
comments powered by Disqus