MESSAGE FROM ENG ANDREWPUBLISHED — 30th, July 2020
HAND OVER OF OFFICE
30th July 2020
Minister for Kampala Capital City & Metropolitan Affairs
Head of Public Service
Chairman Public Service Commission
Permanent Secretarry Ministry of Public Service
Deputy Lord Mayor
Executive Director - Mrs Dorothy Kisaka
Deputy Executive Director – Eng David Luyimbazi Ssali
Director Administration & Human Resource – Ms Grace Akullo
Ladies & Gentlemen
I welcome you all to this occasion where you will witness the handover of the offices of the Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director and Director Administration and Human Resource at Kampala Capital City Authority.
It has been a great honour for me to serve the people of Kampala and the Nation at large in the capacity of Acting Executive Director for the last 20 months.
I am therefore very grateful to H.E. the President of the Republic of Uganda for entrusting me with the great responsibility of administering Kampala City for the last 20 months.
I would like to thank the Minister for Kampala Capital City and Metropolitan Affairs, the Political Leadership of Kampala Capital City Authority, the Management and Staff of Kampala Capital City Authority for the support accorded to me during this period. Together we have achieved a lot in the transformation of Kampala City and I believe the Institution will continue on this trajectory or even better.
The Development Partners; World Bank, JICA, European Union, African Development Bank, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
A number of projects have been completed and others are at various levels of progress, while for some we shall soon do the ground breaking. I will not enumerate them as the list is quite long. This year 2020 will see most of them completed.
KCCA has continued to rank very high in accountability and service delivery and is a much respected brand in Uganda and beyond. We have had unqualified audit reports for three years running including FY 2019/2020.
- Automation of Revenue Collection;
- e-Government Procurement – KCCA is among the 10 Government institutions that are piloting this;
- The soon to come SMART PERMIT for building plan approvals.
- Area-wide Traffic Control
The Transformation Journey has not been without challenges and these are some worth mentioning here which need the support of other Government Agencies:
- The staffing situation which has demotivated staff. We have a total of 658 temporary staff working on 4-month contracts since inception;
- Inadequate funding which has slowed the pace of Transformation;
- Defiance by a large section of the public which has made the enforcement of trade order and protection of our green spaces difficult;
- Vandalism and theft of public infrastructure which leads to costly replacements and wastage of the already meagre resources; also posing a danger to the City dwellers etc.
I pledge to support the in-coming Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director in their work and will continue to carry out my mandate as Director Engineering and Technical Services towards our Vision of a Vibrant, Attractive and Sustainable City.
For God and My Country
News & Announcements
23rd, October 2020
9th, October 2020
29th, September 2020
8th, September 2020
4th, August 2020
30th, July 2020
30th, July 2020
27th, July 2020
25th, July 2020
24th, July 2020