Project Key Results To-date
Roads and Junctions under construction or nearing completion are:
- Fairway Junction – one signalized traffic light junction
- Kabira Junction – one signalized traffic light junction
- Kira four lane Road– two signalized traffic light junctions
- Mambule two lane Road
- Bwaise Junction– one signalized traffic light junction
- Makerere Hill four lane Road – two signalized traffic light junctions and one signalized pedestrian crossing
- Bakuli-Nakulabye-Kasubi four lane road – three signalized traffic light junctions
The project has updated the Kampala Drainage Master Plan. Similarly, designs for priority drainage channels are ready for construction work to commence. A stretch of 65 kms of drainage construction is planned around Kampala. The key channels include:
- Lubigi channel
- Kinawataka channel
- Kansanga channel
- Gaba channel
- Nalukolongo channel
Significant progress has also been realized in the following project activities:
- Multi Modal Urban Transport Master plan is being developed.
- The automated register for all properties and roads in the city is going on.
- Naming of premises and roads within the city is in progress.
- The Revenue Management System in KCCA is now streamlined for efficiency.