Request for expression of interest (EOI) for procurement of a provider to develop and operate an integrated on-street parking management solution for KCCAPUBLISHED — 21st, April 2021
Procurement Reference Number: KCCA/NCONS/20-21/00585
- The Kampala Capital City Authority ("KCCA") is a corporate body established by the Kampala Capital City (KCC) Act, 2010 to administer Kampala Capital City on behalf of the Government of Uganda. Through the Directorate of Engineering and Technical Services, KCCA has embarked on re-organizing the operations of the street parking in line with the Traffic and Road Safety Act, 1998 and the statutory instrument for street parking.
As part of her mandate drawn from the parking regulations, KCCA in consultation with the Authority Council and Ministry of Works and Transport has currently garzetted 5682 spaces of which only 5682 are available for parking. Some have been suspended and shall be de-garzetted in future.
The parking demand is high and an essential component of the Transportation System. Parking convenience is among the major factors that affect shoppers’ destination choices. Availability of parking space therefore influences the viability and competiveness of commercial areas. The placement of on-street parking near businesses improves accessibility and convenience to customers and has been used as a strategy for revitalization of central business districts and attraction of renewed consumer patronage to the downtown areas.
The purpose of the Integrated On-street Parking Management Solution is therefore to provide an adequately designed system that will reduce traffic congestion by improving City Parking Management. The proposal shall involve designing, implementing, operating and transfer of a City Parking Management System for Kampala. This requires investment in demarcation of parking slots and smart parking technologies. The solution is intended to;
- Help in reducing traffic congestion by encouraging mode shift from private vehicles
- Improve access to parking there by reducing user’s costs related to delayed parking
- Increase the Authority’s revenue collections from parking fees.
- Obtain the best quality program to maximize customer convenience and provide cashless parking payment options.
- Allow for highest level access to back office management system to provide information on identified performance measures, reporting trends, productivity, and revenue collection
- Require the provider to pay for all costs associated with installation of smart payment related hardware, software, signs, decals and other information in the Public right of way.
- Deliver a smart parking information system to guide users and;
- Develop and implement an enforcement and collection mechanism for illegal parking and vehicles with parking arears
- KCCA now wishes to invite interested and eligible private firms to express their interest to develop and operate an Integrated On-street Parking Management Solution for Kampala Capital City Authority.
- Interested Firms are invited to register their interest by submitting a written Expression of Interest ("EOI") including;
- A brief profile of the company/consortium indicating; permanent address, email, telephone contact, website, and reference letters, completion certificates/ contract copies and contact information of at least two (2) clientele to support claims of previous experience in On-street smart parking management systems where a similar assignment has been successfully implemented in cities with similar challenges preferably Africa in past ten (10) years.
- Legal documents including, Valid Trading License, Certificate of incorporation/Registration, Valid Tax Clearance Certificate and Registered Powers of Attorney.
- The bidder shall provide copies of Audited Books of Accounts for the last three (3) years (2019, 2018 and 2017) with a positive Net Worth (and contact information of the Auditors), with a minimum turnover of seven billion shillings (UGX 7,000,000,000)
- The bidder shall have sufficient capital to invest in infrastructure (Source document is Audited financial statements)
- If foreign, the bidder shall associate with a local Ugandan Company as an implementing partner for capacity building and reliable support as an implementing partner
- Project Implementation Approach and Proposal Business Model/Plan
- Eligibility criteria, establishment of the shortlist and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the PPDA 2003 Act Regulations. Interested firms may obtain further information and hard copies of the expression of interest document at the following address during office hours (09:00 to 1700hours) at the address below.
- Expression of interests in sealed envelopes clearly marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR PROCUREMENT OF A PROVIDER TO DEVELOP AND OPERATE AN INTERGRATED ON-STREET PARKING MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS FOR KCCA” must be delivered to the address stated below at or before 20th May 2021 Time: 10:00am
The Head Procurement & Disposal Unit
Kampala Capital City Authority Headquarter
Plot 1 – 3 Sir Apollo Kaggwa Road
P.O. Box 7010
City Hall, First floor- Room B114
- The planned procurement schedule (subject to changes) is as follows:
a. Publish of Expression of interest
Wednesday 21th April, 2021
b. Closing date for submission of expression of interest document
Wednesday 12th May, 2021
c. Evaluation process
17th - 28th May, 2021
d. Display and communication of shortlist
2rd June, 2021
More Procurement Notices
- Renovation of City Hall fourth floor wing B
10th, May 2021
- Request for expression of interest (EOI) for procurement of consultancy services for the development of a digital mobility management platform for KCCA
6th, May 2021
- REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REoI)-Kampala Private Municipal Solid Waste Collection and Transport Services
6th, May 2021
- Notice of Expression of Interest for the procurement of Consultancy services (Firms) to Conduct a study on integrating systems of Hotel facilities in Kampala with the eCitie system
6th, May 2021
- Invitation to bid for Supply and installation of Solar Power Systems
21st, April 2021
- Request for expression of interest (EOI) for procurement of a provider to develop and operate an integrated on-street parking management solution for KCCA
21st, April 2021