Notice of Expression of Interest for the procurement of an individual consultant to undertake a Resettlement Action Plan update for the proposed Kampala City Roads Rehabilitation projectPUBLISHED — 26th, August 2019
Procurement Reference number – KCCA/CONS/18-19/00143
- Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) has allocated funds to be used for the acquisition of the consultancy services described below.
- Kampala Capital City Authority now invites eligible individual consultants to submit sealed expressions of interest for the provision of consultancy services to conduct an update of the resettlement action plan (RAP) for the proposed Kampala City Roads Rehabilitation project. The project, a credit from the African Development Bank (AfDB) is for the reconstructing and or upgrading of approximately 67km of roads with Non-Motorized Transport (NMT) tracks and associated on-street and off-street parking areas and a number of signalised junctions. The Government of the Republic of Uganda represented by Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) identified the need for the reconstruction, widening and upgrading from gravel to bitumen standard some selected City roads as well as improvement of junctions to improve the current mobility situation in Kampala in order to achieve sustainable economic development. This is in line with Kampala Capital City Authority's mandate to ensure that the City's road infrastructure is maintained and improved to acceptable motorable standards in order to facilitate smooth flow of traffic.
KCCA undertook a RAP during the design of Kampala roads during KIIDP. However, with the prospect of funding from African Development Bank, the RAP for the roads proposed for the rehabilitation and or upgrading needs to be updated to reflect the current situation. The objective of this RAP is to detail the procedures and undertakings related to the process leading to land acquisition for the purpose of construction of roads and junctions within KCCA. The purpose of the assignment is to therefore undertake a social feasibility, with particular emphasis on gender profiling of potential benefits and risks to confirm social justification of undertaking this project, on roads covering approximately 67km with Non-Motorised Transport, and associated on-street and off-street parking areas and stands. The scope of the services required for the RAP update shall be a review and update of the Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) for 29 roads and junctions totaling 66.9 Kilometers so as to determine the involuntary resettlement needs for rehabilitation and upgrading of the proposed roads and to put in place measures to minimize and mitigate negative impacts of the project. The expected delivery is for the Consultant to prepare and submit an inception and updated RAP report to the Client (KCCA) which together with the AfDB shall be reviewed for approval and acceptance. The assignment shall be completed within (30 days/4 weeks).
- Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they are eligible and possess the required qualifications to perform the services supported with relevant documentation.
- The short listing criteria shall be the experience and qualifications of the consultant as well as their capacity to provide the consultancy services. This criterion shall include:
(a) Experience; at least 5 years’ previous experience in preparation social development documents such as RAP and ESIA for infrastructure.
(b) Qualifications; a minimum of a Masters’ Degree in Sociology/Social Work/Social Development Studies/Valuation Surveying or Land Surveying/Environmental studies.
- Specialist knowledge in conducting RAP assignments;
- Demonstrated practical use of RAP equipment and tools;
- Proven track record of timely delivery of results, including fieldwork and reports;
- the fee rate of the consultants;
- a covering letter stating the suitability and availability of the consultant, for the assignment;
- a valid National Identity card or valid Passport
- Preference schemes shall apply when evaluating Request for Proposals from the shortlisted consultants.
- Interested eligible consultants may obtain further information at the address given below from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm on working days excluding public holidays.
- The Expression of interest shall be submitted using the one-stage single envelope method.
- Sealed Expressions of Interest must be delivered to the address below at or before
Time: 10:00 am (Kampala Local Time)
Date: Tuesday 3rd September, 2019
Address: The Procurement and Disposal Unit
Kampala Capital City Authority
Plot 1 – 3 Sir Apollo Kaggwa Road
City Hall, Room B112
Tel: + 256 204660016/ + 256 794661432
- The planned Procurement schedule (Subject to changes) is as follows:
a. Publication of Notice of Expression of Interest
Monday 26th August, 2019
b. Closing date for receipt of Expression of Interest
Tuesday 3rd September, 2019
c. Evaluation of Expressions of Interest
Wednesday 4th September, 2019
d. Display of shortlist
Wednesday 11th September, 2019
More Procurement Notices
- Framework contract for procurement of preventive maintenance services for KCCA ICT hardware equipment, accessories and air conditioners for a period of eighteen months
12th, November 2019
- Framework Contract for Supply of Assorted Animal Feeds for Kyanja Agricultural Resource Centre-retender
15th, October 2019
- Procurement of mushroom gardens for farmers in Makindye, Central, Nakawa, Lubaga and Kawempe Division
17th, September 2019
- Invitation to bid for a framework contract for provision of collection of medical waste from eight (08) Kampala city health centres and one (01) city mortuary-procurement
16th, September 2019
- KCCA Annual Procurement Plan for FY 2019-2020
26th, August 2019
- Notice of Expression of Interest for the procurement of an individual consultant to undertake a Resettlement Action Plan update for the proposed Kampala City Roads Rehabilitation project
26th, August 2019