Kampala Waste Management PPP Project - Pre-bid online surveyPUBLISHED — 26-Feb-2018
KCCA seeks to partner with the private sector to design, build, finance, operate and transfer a waste treatment and disposal facility capable of effectively managing municipal solid waste generated from the Greater Kampala Metropolitan.
The scope of the project shall include;
- Remediation, closure and aftercare of existing disposal site at Kiteezi;
- Construction and maintenance of a transfer station with an associated weigh bridge at Kiteezi;
- Treatment and/or pre-treatment of the waste delivered to achieve diversion from landfill targets to the extent feasible;
- Transportation of waste from Kiteezi to the new site at Ddundu, Mukono District (30km from Kiteezi), and;
- Construction, operation and maintenance of an engineered sanitary landfill for disposal of treated and untreated municipal waste
KCCA is committed to ensuring that the PPP process and management procedures will meet the highest standards of transparency and diligence following the PPP Act, 2015.
To achieve this, KCCA is working with the International Finance Corporation as the PPP Transaction Advisor to bring international experience of similar complex infrastructure and service improvement projects.
As a valued key stakeholder, the continuous input and dialogue with the private sector is critical to this project.
The purpose of this communication is to request you to provide some key information to KCCA to enable us make some financing, technical and operational considerations for the next stages of the project. All information provided shall be treated with utmost confidentiality.
The link to follow is https://www.kcca.go.ug/kwmppp
We would appreciate your response by Friday 2nd March, 2018
comments powered by Disqus