KCCA PRESS BRIEF AUG 2017PUBLISHED — 30-Aug-2017
Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) appreciates the general public for the continued support towards the development of the Capital City.
In accordance to the provisions under Sec.7 of the Kampala Capital City Act, 2010, KCCA is, among other functions, mandated to regulate traffic, order, congestion and determine taxation levels in the City. KCCA would to bring to the attention of the public the following.
1. REGULATION OF CONGESTION IN THE CITY (Engineering)
Over the years, there has been a high influx of Motor vehicles onto the meager road infrastructure in the City. This has resulted into traffic jams, high competition for parking slots and inevitably congestion in the City.
In a bid to decongest the city, KCCA is to implement a number of measures among which is parking space utilization and demand management, with a view of;
- Minimizing on-street parking while encouraging off-street parking especially for commuters and long term parking.
- Optimizing existing parking capacity by increasing turnover.
- Improving safety for pedestrians by reducing illegal parking and opening additional public space for pedestrians and cyclist
- Setting parking charges to a level that promotes short stay parking while discouraging long stay parking.
To effect the above, KCCA, by Authority Minute No. KCCA/5/52/16 under took a review of and increased parking fees on all gazetted roads, streets and access roads in the city. This review has since been published in the Uganda Gazette of 18th August 2017 as well other print media.
The reviewed parking fees have been revised as follows;
- Parking charge is shs. 1000/= (One Thousand Shillings) per hour and this shall apply to the first two hours of uninterrupted parking in the same space.
- Shs. 800/= (Eight hundred shillings) for any time up to 30 (thirty) minutes over and above the first two hours of uninterrupted parking mentioned above.
Enforcement of these charges shall take effect from 1st September 2017.
The public is hereby reminded that M/S Multiplex Limited is the only authorized agent to collect and administer street parking in Kampala Capital City.
2. UGANDA REVENUE AUTHORITY (URA) RECIEPT OF KCCA COLLECTIONS. (Revenue Collection)
KCCA appreciates the business community and the general public for your continued support and timely settling of your tax obligations for a better City.
This is to notify the general public that starting 21st August 2017, all local revenue collections shall be done through Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) bank accounts for KCCA. To this effect, a Payment Reference Number (PRN) shall be automatically generated from URA through the enabled interface between URA and KCCA upon which a Payment Registration Slip will be issued.
The public should note that all Payment Registration slips shall bear the URA logo but shall be for slips issued for KCCA revenue collection.
KCCA Revenue administration shall otherwise remain the same at all KCCA service points in all Division offices i.e. Nakawa, Makindye, Rubaga, Kawempe, Central Division , KCCA headquarters at the Large Tax Office and all the Taxpayer Register Expansion Program (TREP) One stop Shops in the City.
3. AWARENESS ON FRAUDSTERS (Revenue Collection)
The Management of KCCA also brings to the attention of the general public that there are individuals and groups of people masquerading as KCCA revenue collection staff. These elements are making fraudulent assessments for clients and sometimes picking cash from their unsuspecting victims claiming to make payment on their behalf to KCCA. Once the money is handed over, they issue their victims fraudulent licenses or even disappear with their money.
The public is therefore informed that all payments to KCCA are made through our partnering banks or mobile communication pay platforms/terminals.
No KCCA staff receives money for and or on behalf of KCCA for any service rendered or to be rendered ACCEPT fro MARKET DUES.
Where in doubt, please do not hesitate to call us on Tel. 0204 660000, Toll free 0800990000 OR our corruption reporting hotline 0794662222.
News & Announcements
25th, May 2018
23rd, May 2018
10th, May 2018
5th, April 2018
17th, April 2018
10th, April 2018
16th, March 2018
13th, March 2018
26th, February 2018
9th, February 2018