Kampala has been ranked as one of the most beautiful cities in Africa, partly because of its green acreage. Keeping the city green and increasing the green acreage is a mandate of the Landscape Section. The Section manages the urban forest, 10 developed open spaces, 01 cemetery, 03 plant nurseries and vast acreage of undeveloped open spaces including road verges.
The team comprises Landscape Architects, Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Environmentalists.
- Urban Tree Management
- Beautification Projects
- Maintenance of green spaces
- Technical Guidance on landscaping and environmental issues
- Tree Management Applications
- Property Frontage/ Road Reserve Beautification
- Seek guidance and permission before cutting down any trees
- Public open spaces are free access and use to the public
- Chwa II Children’s Park (Near Mbuya Catholic Church) is open.
- Opened Nakawa Park (Near UAP Business Park in Kampala City).
- Developed partnerships to develop green space near you.
- Part of the Kampala Goes Green - Donate / Plant a tree campaign in the City.
- Kampala Urban Forest Management Programme.
- Kampala Goes Green Tree Planting project.