Development Control Section
The Development Control Team regulates development across the City. The team comprises of physical planners, engineers and building inspectors.
- Ensure compliance to building regulations,
- Building Inspection,
- Offers technical guidance on development issues; and
- Issue of development permits. These include:
- Job Cards
- Hoarding Permits
- Chain Link Permits
- Renovation Permits
- Demolition Permits
- Excavation Permits
- Occupation Permits
- Telecom mast Permits
- Building Inspection
- Change of use
- Land subdivision
- Lease extension
- 60% City building maintenance compliance.
- Decongestion of the city to create room for greening and pedestrian movement.
- Regular information clinics to sensitise the public on development control issues.
- Increased compliance to submission of building plans for approval.